My computer starts stuttering at 12:04

Donkers 19:06 04 Oct 2015

Hello,

So my problem is when the clock strikes 12:04 my computers starts to stutter, it then takes me out of my game with a short blackscreen and the theme switches to Windows 7 basic after 3 - 4 minutes it switches back to Windows 7 Ultimate but I can't render anything new in my game E.G loading a new map or Unit. The same goes for tabbing out it takes a very long time to get back in my while my PC stutters. It usually ends at 12:14. It wouldn't be such a problem if I play Singleplayer but I usually play Multiplayer at that time (CSGO Competitive).

I really don't know what to do I've tried almost everything and I can't Factory reset my PC because I don't have the disk anymore.

My Specs:

Processor AMD Athlon(tm) X4 750K Quad Core Processor
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Windows 7 Ultimate

Donkers 23:03 04 Oct 2015

12:04 AM By the way.

Secret-Squirrel 09:17 05 Oct 2015

.......when the clock strikes 12:04 my computers starts to stutter, it then takes me out of my game..........

Does this problem only occur when you're playing a game, and if so, is it only game play that's affected?

If on the other hand the whole PC is affected at 00:14 regardless of what you're doing then the most likely culprit is a scheduled task that's configured to trigger something everyday at that time. If need help with troubleshooting this and you're a moderately experienced user then post back for further advice.

compumac 09:41 05 Oct 2015

Start the game at 12:15?

compumac 09:46 05 Oct 2015

Aplogies - a little too flippant and not helpful.

Donkers 13:58 05 Oct 2015

Does this problem only occur when you're playing a game, and if so, is it only game play that's affected?

No it stutters even when I don't play a game. And it does the same thing when starting up. I have checked my scheduled tasks and only one thing comes up at 12:00 AM or 00:00 and that is SR (System Restore) but It says it was last excecuted at 1:42 PM. Also RegIdleBackup comes up scheduled at 12:00 AM but it says it does it every 10 days. I really do not know what could cause it.

Govan1x 14:33 05 Oct 2015

Could it be your time or date that is not set correctly and that is trying to change it.

maybe check the bios time as well as the computer time to make sure they are the same.

Secret-Squirrel 17:48 05 Oct 2015

Donkers, although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "stuttering", it sounds like a general performance problem so try this:

Prior to 00:14, open Task Manager and Resource Monitor. When the issue occurs check Task Manager to see if the CPU is maxed out - if it is then sort the process entries so that the busiest ones are at the top and see if you can identify the culprit. If you can find the process's name then you can do something about fixing it. Likewise, if the hard drive becomes over active then Resource Monitor's "Disk" section will tell you what's causing it.

Donkers 20:33 05 Oct 2015

Could it be your time or date that is not set correctly and that is trying to change it.

I will check if that's the problem as soon as I get on my PC

Donkers, although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "stuttering", it sounds like a general performance problem so try this:

By Stuttering I mean lagging and a performance drop but I will check the resource monitor and task manager at the startup and prior to 00:14.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)