Musicmatch problems with latest update to 8

newts 17:28 08 Jun 2003

I have used Musicmatch for three years but latest update to 8 is no good. I like this jukebox but the lastest freezes everything and refuses to cooperate. Musicmatch help has offered several advice e-mail including uninstall,adjust registry etc. not for the faint hearted. Anyway have reverted back to 7.2 which works fine. In seeking solution I find chatrooms all over have same problems over latest update. Anyone else and have you solved problem.

spuds 19:30 08 Jun 2003

Thanks newts for this post, I will watch it with concern.I had a problem with Winamp, and sudden loss of sound. Having tried various things without success,I converted to Musicmatch Jukebox 8. Things seem okay up to now, with my installation.

tartanterror 20:06 08 Jun 2003

i upgraded from musicmatch 7.5 to version 8 last night wished i hadn't bothered......
the version 8 would just not let me install my new "key"
kept saying i was using 7.5 key and needed a new one.
i had the new key but still kept getting key error.
i uninstalled v7.5 in add/remove deleted folder from c:prog files and went into regedit...software.....musicmatch and deleted the entries there.
still no joy just at a loss to how its still picking up my old key.
i also tried updating version 8 over 7.5 but same error (you are using 7.5 key you need a new key for this version)
i "do" have a legit key for version 8 it just dosn't want to accept it because its keeping a hold of my old key from vers 7.5
i had to revert back to version 7.5 where its running fine.

newts 08:15 09 Jun 2003

tartanterror sorry to hear about your problem which seems different to mine so perhaps there are more bugs than "they" care to admit. By the way I run OS XP home edition.

tartanterror 21:20 09 Jun 2003

sorry forgot to mention i'm running xp pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?