Multiple WLAN Antennas

_plAsma 18:56 27 Aug 2004

Hi, is there a device that can be connected to the antenna connection so you can have two antennas (pointing in two directions) for a Wireless Access Point?

AubreyS 19:16 27 Aug 2004

The antenna's are omnidirectional (It receives a signal from 360 degrees) which is why it should be as vertical as possible. Don't lay it on its side, i.e. horizontal. You don't need two of them.

Valvegrid 19:18 27 Aug 2004

Yes you can do it by using a microwave power splitter, they are a bit specilised and maybe costly, remember by splitting the power it will dived the power in half, but this can be combated using a high gain antennas.

If you want it to radiate in opposite directions it might be better to use a single antenna with a figure 8 polar diagram.

I'll have a search of my sources and see what I can find for you.

_plAsma 19:30 27 Aug 2004

Hi, thanks for your replys very much.

"The antenna's are omnidirectional (It receives a signal from 360 degrees) which is why it should be as vertical as possible. Don't lay it on its side, i.e. horizontal. You don't need two of them."

-Sorry! I guess im just very thick..i did know that...it was just lost somewhere in my head :p

Valvegrid 19:32 27 Aug 2004

What sort of range are you looking for in each direction?

_plAsma 19:43 27 Aug 2004

to be honest, i was just playing around trying to get the signal as far as i could in all directions :p

Valvegrid 19:48 27 Aug 2004

Oh right, how does 3.7km omni direction range sound?

click here

_plAsma 22:54 27 Aug 2004

extremley good :p

where are these?

_plAsma 22:54 27 Aug 2004

extremley good :p

will have a look ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?