Multiple IP Addresses

harveykids 17:18 06 Apr 2004

Hi..in need of help here.
When I ran a check on my firewall today, it said I had multiple IP addresses and asked me which ines I wanted chacking.
Its idea of multiple was 2...the one was the IP address for my computer, but I can't find anything about the other IP address..is it common to have more than one IP address on your computer, or could it be something more sinister..I have been having a few problems with my pc restarting every time I try and shut down, and a lot of pop ups relating to sex sites in the last 2 weeks that never happened before..my friend said she had a similar thing happened and eventually traced it to someone(in another country) hosting their own website on her computer..any info would be greatly appreciated as I really feel out of my depth here!
Thanks in advance

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:10 06 Apr 2004

Download the free version of Adaware from click here and run it...delete ALL that it finds. D/L Regseeker from click here it and delete all it finds (it save the deletion a s a backup just in case) Delete all your temp, temp internet and cookie files from C drive-documents and settings-local settings- user you may need to tick 'show all folders' in folder options located in control panel.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?