MSTAG

rawprawn 20:02 24 Nov 2004

After reading palinka's post I have downloaded and set up this program. It shows Tagging is on, but it is not telling me that my outward emails have been opened. I know because I sent my daughter a test email. she has replied but nothing has happened, no notification. What am I doing wrong. I have registered with MSGTAG my email address and password. Do I have to visit the site to find out if my email has been read?

rawprawn 20:37 24 Nov 2004

That is what it should be, I misposted it.

rawprawn 21:21 24 Nov 2004

Hi, yes I have set up the account, in fact I wondered if I had done it properly and tried again, but it told me it already existed. I have just sent myself an email and nothing happened. I must be doing something wrong.My firewall is enabled for MSGTAG

rawprawn 21:23 24 Nov 2004

How do you get notification that an email has been opened ? By Email ? or some other way ?

woodchip 21:25 24 Nov 2004

If you only just set it up, it may need time to initialise

rawprawn 21:30 24 Nov 2004

I have gone abit further, and got the message "congratulations you are now ready" but still nothing

rawprawn 21:33 24 Nov 2004

Thanks I will try again in the morning.

woodchip 21:39 24 Nov 2004

PS you could also try rebooting your computer

rawprawn 09:04 25 Nov 2004

Hi, no I only use Tiscali and I have tried rebooting, but still nothing this morning. I will uninstall and reinstall later this morning and see if that makes any difference. Thanks

rawprawn 10:35 25 Nov 2004

OK, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It would not let me create a new account because it still had my old one so I enered as an existing account, which was accepted andsaid I was ready to start usung MSGTAG. I have sent 2 emails to myself and opened both, but nothing else has happened. How long is it until you receive verification that an email has been opened

march 11:17 25 Nov 2004

only takes a minute on mine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)