MSI MS-6172 Motherboard

User-99CC659A-9EBD-457D-A9DFF0C4026F4216 18:21 01 Sep 2003

I have a friend who has a system based on the above mother board. He has a AMD2000XP processor in his system and 512Mb of ram. He seesm to be having a lot of problems with switching his PC on. When the PC is switched off it is rare if it can be switched on from the on/off switch. More often than not he has to use a switch just under the power supply unit on the back of the PC in order for it to come on. When he uses this switch it take him a few attempts before the PC comes on, but the strange thing is that when this switch does work the PC will switch on without the need for the on/off switch to be pressed. Has anybody else ever had or heard of a similar problem and if so does anyone what the problem could be.

Jomi 19:01 01 Sep 2003

Sounds like a fault on the main switch itself to me, would it be difficult to change?

Jomi, When you say sounds like a fault on the main switch do you mean the on/off switch?

Almost everything that can be changed has been changed including the motherboard, CPU and case, so we a somewhat baffled by what the problem could be.

clayton 18:33 02 Sep 2003

Have you tried a different power supply 300w+ ?

Yes, I tried a different power supply and I was still getting the same problem

Yes, I tried a different power supply and I was still getting the same problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)