MSI MS-6172 Motherboard

User-99CC659A-9EBD-457D-A9DFF0C4026F4216 18:21 01 Sep 2003

I have a friend who has a system based on the above mother board. He has a AMD2000XP processor in his system and 512Mb of ram. He seesm to be having a lot of problems with switching his PC on. When the PC is switched off it is rare if it can be switched on from the on/off switch. More often than not he has to use a switch just under the power supply unit on the back of the PC in order for it to come on. When he uses this switch it take him a few attempts before the PC comes on, but the strange thing is that when this switch does work the PC will switch on without the need for the on/off switch to be pressed. Has anybody else ever had or heard of a similar problem and if so does anyone what the problem could be.

Jomi 19:01 01 Sep 2003

Sounds like a fault on the main switch itself to me, would it be difficult to change?

Jomi, When you say sounds like a fault on the main switch do you mean the on/off switch?

Almost everything that can be changed has been changed including the motherboard, CPU and case, so we a somewhat baffled by what the problem could be.

clayton 18:33 02 Sep 2003

Have you tried a different power supply 300w+ ?

Yes, I tried a different power supply and I was still getting the same problem

Yes, I tried a different power supply and I was still getting the same problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)