MSI Laptop won't pass boot up screen (with logo)

JulesvG 20:11 26 Jan 2018
Answered

Today, after i shut down my laptop (just by clicking on it, not pushing the power button), I tried to start it again, but I wouldn't pass by the boot up screen (with the MSI logo). So I waited for like half an hour, still the screen. I shut if off by pusing the power button. I started it again, it bootef up with the same screen, but with "preparing for automatic recovery" (not excactly that, it wad dutch) and I waited again doe half an hour and still nothing happend. I couldn't get the battery out because it is built in, so I let it run out of energy and started it again, and still the same thing happend.. Someone please help, and sorry for bad english ;)

Specifications: (probably not needed put ill put it hete anyway Laptop: MSI CR62 - Intel i7 - 8 GB RAM - Intel HD Graphics

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:41 26 Jan 2018

It can take quite a while to do an auto repair leave it for an hour or two.

JulesvG 14:13 27 Jan 2018

(Fruit bat) Wow didnt know that, Im gonna try it, thanks!

JulesvG 13:21 28 Jan 2018

It has been going on for 23 hours now, but it's still preparing for automatic repair. Any more ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 28 Jan 2018

click here download and make the boot media and boot the PC from that to do the repair.

JulesvG 20:54 28 Jan 2018

Thx for helping me fruitbat, but it didn't work again, unfotunately. I tried to run te media from a CD as well as from an USB stick, but I didn't seem to do anything. It sounded like the CD stopped spinning after a minute or so. Do you think it will eventually work if I wait long enough? Or should I try something different? Again, I'm very gratefull you're wanting to help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:18 28 Jan 2018
Answer

You may have to enter the BIOS (setup) ESc del F2 are the usual keys to get into BIOS.

Set it to Legacy boot and make sure USB or CD is set as first boot device as it may not be booting from either if its in UEFi protected boot.

MJS WARLORD 09:38 29 Jan 2018

dont know why repair not working but when you say stuck at login screen do you mean it wants your gmail password to carry on to desktop..... i kept getting asked for the password linked to my microsoft account ( my gmail password ) ..... when you eventually get to desktop type netplwiz into your run box and follow the prompts...

JulesvG 21:47 30 Jan 2018

It worked! Thank you very much for your advise Fruit Bat

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61