MSI Laptop Overheating Since Windows Reset

Daniel Banks 01:47 24 Dec 2016

About a year ago I bought the MSI GE62 2QF Apache Pro gaming laptop, it worked great at first and was rather quiet, but recently its been a very different story. Around a month ago I was having issues with a windows update breaking DX11, forcing me to reinstall Windows 10. Since that reset I have been experiencing some serious overheating. Right now the CPU is at 62 degrees and the fan is spinning at 3550 RPM with one webpage open and nothing else. I've ran several benchmarks and games where the CPU reaches up to 92 degrees with both fans run unbearably loud at full speed. Before you say yes I have tried cleaning it.

If you do have any solutions or ideas please do respond.

Thank You.

mole44 04:29 24 Dec 2016

Do you allow air to get into it for cooling i.e. not using it on your lap/on your bed or on a carpet.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:29 24 Dec 2016

How did you try to clean it?

Simply blowing air in the exhaust vents does very little you will probably have to open up the laptop and clean the fan and heatsink properly.

Daniel Banks 12:59 24 Dec 2016

The laptop is on a stand on my desk so none of the cooling vents are blocked, as for disassembling it it's something I'm reluctant to do but I will try it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:10 24 Dec 2016

click here,d.ZGg you tube of how to strip and clean fan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?