MS WORD 2007

K*B 21:14 23 Dec 2010

Friends, I opened an MS WORD 2007 document this afternoon and noticed that the sheet is not plain as it was when I created the document but is now filled with squares and the text intact. I restarted the laptop to see if the WORD 2007 sheet will default to a plain sheet but it was still filled with squares and the text in the squares. How do I get the squares removed leaving the document background plain again as a WORD 2007 document should be? Thanks in advance.

Sea Urchin 22:24 23 Dec 2010

Maybe click the Show/Hide button

click here

K*B 14:59 30 Dec 2010

Thanks Sea Urchin, but that didin't help.
I was looking for a way of opening a WORD 2007 document with a plain background instaed of a WORD 2007 document with a squared background opened. When I created the WORD document it was on a new sheet with a plain white background, but when I opened it later on it had a squared background. I wonder why. Would it mean the document is corrupted now? and if so what is a way round and out?

QuizMan 15:13 30 Dec 2010

It sounds to me that you have switched on the grid lines. Go to View on the toolbar and you may see a tick in the Gridlines checkbox. If so, untick it.

K*B 18:20 30 Dec 2010

You hit the nail right on its head, QuizMan. I opened the document and went straight to Gridlines checkbox and voila! it was checked so I unckecked it, and I'm now ok. Thanks a million.

QuizMan 20:31 30 Dec 2010

You're welcome. Glad to be of assistance.

Happy New Year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?