MS Patches

gill 22:13 30 Nov 2003

Is anyone else having the same problem as me and is there anything one can do about it.
Every day I receive several "upgrade patches" claiming to be from M/S. I obviously don't open them but the stream seems never ending. I would value your views. Many thanks. Gill

VoG II 22:19 30 Nov 2003

MS don't send patches to home customers. You are right to delete them - there isn't much more that you can do I'm afraid.

©®@$? 22:20 30 Nov 2003

i don't recieve any!

don't know what you can do about it but mail-washer is a good program to deter spam..

with mail-washer you can delete the e-mails even before they land in your inbox..maybe that will help

oh! and you can bounce the e-mails back so that the sender doesn't think you exist..

but that doesn't always work, as the senders probably use a program to send them automatically

mail-washer click here

the e-mails you get are they from the same e-mails address..if they are or even if they are not you can block the sender aswell.

Jester2K II 09:02 01 Dec 2003

click here

Just delete them and keep your Anti Virus up to date. click here is free if you need any...

Andsome 09:07 01 Dec 2003

When my spam total finally topped a hundred in one day, I changed my e-mail address from one which was easy for an auto dialler to use, to something which on the face of it does not make sense. My previous address started as keith.jones5, and the spam used to arrive with loads of similar addresses. Now my address is nonsense, but I don't get spam. For obvious reasons I will not publish it here.

gill 10:52 01 Dec 2003

Thank you all for your advice. I have downloaded "Mail Washer" and will seriously consider changing my Email address.
Many thanks. gill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)