MS Outlook email problem

[DELETED] 16:35 24 Jun 2006

I am using MS outlook (2003, NOT express). There seems to be an email stuck in it's mind (not in the outbox). If I construct a message and save it in the outbox and attempt to send it it w'ont and reports a send error. If I construct another message so there are 2 in the outbox it will send the 2nd one but stil report an error for the remaining. Anyone have a clue how to deal with this?

Thanks Barleytwist

Diodorus Siculus 17:07 24 Jun 2006

Delete a Message Stuck in the Outbox
click here

Microsoft Office Assistance: Delete a message stuck in the Outbox
click here

Microsoft Office Assistance: When I send an e-mail message, it doesn't leave my Outbox
click here

Taff™ 06:41 26 Jun 2006

I have come across this several times and the second link provided by Diodorus describes it pretty well. If you or a program looks at the outbox the message won`t send. Program add in`s that cause this are for example Norton Anti-Virus and ACT both provided by Symantec of course.

A quick work around is to move the e-mail to drafts. open it from there and then send it again. Then do a send/receive without checking the outbox. A bit of a pain really but I haven`t found a morepermanent solution that works every time. Getting rid of Norton seems to work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?