Hot Topics

MS Outlook 2019 not receiving emails

awest3 16:20 06 Feb 2020
Answered

HI, I use office 2019 outlook. All ok for 6 months or more. Yesterday I got a request for the password (I have them written down so I know its correct). It seems that its just the receive element which has a problem the send works ok as do another account I have set up. Whilst initially I could use my iPad/iPhone (using same password) these are now failing again with a verification issue (incorrect id or password). I can logon to the account online (its a sky/Yahoo account) with no issues. I've changed the password via the online account and updated the iPhone/iPad to reflect this but to no avail. I've tried a few online suggestions but have not had any success.....If anyone has any ideas they will be gratefully accepted. Thanks Al

wee eddie 17:40 07 Feb 2020

For me, it is just one of those boring facts of life.

I have spent hours, in the past, trying to solve it but, if the problem is on Yahoo's eMail Server, there's nowt one can do.

Secret-Squirrel 18:39 07 Feb 2020

Chaps, I've solved Al's Sky email problem.

If you two want your BT mail problem sorted then stop confusing everyone with your irrelevant comments and start another thread.

wee eddie 20:09 07 Feb 2020

SS: I followed your link.

Forgive me for missing something, all I found was a load of folk asking the same question. I must have missed the answer

Entertainment 05:26 08 Feb 2020

awest3 10:24 10 Feb 2020

Amazing! a few days after using SS's solution for my desktop the same thing happened on my wife's desktop. I was able to fix this in about 10 mins using SS's solution. Thanks again. Al

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HBO Max enters the streaming wars with US launch

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans