MS Office 2016 upgrade Trepidations

benosc 13:37 04 Feb 2019

Hi I am currently still using Office pro 2003 and it is serving me well.

However the time has come to upgrade and I need to make sure that I can still read my 2003 files I have therefore decided to go for Office 2016 and have been looking for a good deal.

I have seen a few sites offering to sell "a genuine Microsoft key" which will then allow me to download the full software. Presumably from Microsoft themselves This seems to be a very reasonable price for around £20/30 but is it Kosha

How does it work -

1) Do I pay my money and download a software key which allows me access to Microsoft site to enable me to download the full software. 2) Once downloaded, is it mine to keep, will I be able to get updates on it from Microsoft 3) Do I have to pay a subscription or what. 4) Is it like as if I bought the discs as in the past and am able to transfer to another computer as I will be doing when my new one is delivered.

I have tried to contact a couple of these companies but have had no reply from them!! The KeyFactory is one of the suppliers.

Can anyone help please.

Peter~24 16:28 05 Feb 2019

benosc,

What you need to ask yourself is what will Microsoft Office 2016 do that you cannot do with Microsoft Office Pro 2003. Also remember Office 2016 will not have Access supplied, but your Office 2003 does. If you are not worried about Access and you want/need the new features provided in Office 2016 over Office 2003 then consider moving to Office 2016.

As to moving the new Office 2016 to a new computer, why not wait until you have purchased the new PC and install it there and leave the Office 2003 package on the old machine.

A lot of alternative Office type packages indicate that they are able to open Microsoft Office documents, but how well they do this may depend on how many of the lesser used features of Office that you rely on.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique