MS Office 2010 ~ Outlook email problem

wee eddie 22:26 27 Mar 2017
Answered

My ISP is BT. Over the last few months I have been having problems with Outlook downloading and sending emails. Currently I am receiving emails but cannot send them, they get stuck in the Out Box. I have cleared this. I have cleared the Cookies. I have rebooted many times. I have been onto the Yahoo Site and made sure that I do not have a huge backlog of stored emails.

So, I have no problem when I use the same email account through the Yahoo Interface, but Outlook keeps asking me to log in "again".

The Contacts part of Outlook contains roughly 20 years of information on family, friends and their families, and the details of the Businesses I deal with, their Reps and their families. This is information that I need when I am sending them an email, but, the email side of it is a very small part of the equation. The stored information is what keeps me with Outlook

Any ideas on how I might get my emails running smoothly again

wee eddie 16:51 29 Mar 2017
Answer

I got a Spam email, purportedly from BT, just half an hour ago. Just to make sure, as it's subject line was "non delivery of Sent emails". I rang BT.

After their operator, a very pleasant guy called Andrew, had confirmed that it was Spam. I put this problem to him.

I have no idea what he did but, just a "Log in", then a couple of quick emails and everything seems to be working again.

I am holding my breath!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL