MS Games, Freecell. ( old version needed)

amonra 14:18 27 Feb 2018
Answered

I have always had Freecell on my computers since windows started. My last computer, may it rest in peace, died a death and I lost all my apps and more importantly , games. I can download the latest version of MS Solitaire which has everything a man could want, but I DON'T want the latest, new improved, version, I just want the old Win7 / XP layout. Is that too much to ask ? Can anyone suggest how I can d/load the older version please ? I seem to remember years ago someone recommended a site with all the old MS games as standard. Thanks for looking...................

Forum Editor 14:30 27 Feb 2018

You might want to take a look at this.

As ever, download at your own risk.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 27 Feb 2018
Answer

Do you have access to an old XP or win 7 PC?

I jusy copied the relevant files into a folder but you also need the file Card.dll in the same folder for it to work.

E.G. Freecell.exe Spider.exe MShearts.exe Card.dll

I even have the old pinball files in a folder, the games play OK on win 10

amonra 20:19 27 Feb 2018

FE. Brilliant ! That's exactly what I was looking for. All installed and working. It makes putting up with the adverts worthwhile !

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)