MS Edge history and favorites wiped after Win10 up

cercla 16:00 12 Apr 2017

My PC did an automatic update at switching off last night, when turning on today all history and moreover favorite bookmarks have disappeared, Edge (default Browser)opens with a fresh "let's start" screen. This was the only browser I was using so can't import from elsewhere. I tried a few methods found online but %Appdata ecc User folder for edge appears as created today...System Restore doesn't work, at restart I get a message that it didn't complete successfully, tried all restore points visible. Anyone can help? Thanks in advance. PS I know my way around PCs rather well but not into registry changes and the like.

Govan1x 16:38 12 Apr 2017

Microsoft rolled out its latest upgrade to w10 yesterday so maybe you were one of the ones that received it.

If so there might be a Windows Old on your computer now.

Or maybe try a system restore to see if that helps.

wee eddie 16:43 12 Apr 2017

Been there, done that, several times. Luckily I still had an had an old copy from Internet Explorer.

I now import a copy into Firefox, every couple of weeks, and rename them as "Imported 12.04.2017". I found Firefox easier to import to than Chrome. Interestingly, I still prefer Edge to either of those two for a working Browser

cercla 17:00 12 Apr 2017

Thanks to both, Govan1x, for some unknown reason System restore doesn't complete successfully on any of the restore points that were showing up (3 Automatic restore points) Can you point me towards finding the Windows Old Folder and how do I recover my Edge History and Favorites from there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?