MS-DOS Virus Alert Notice

Blanc Glacier 00:51 07 Mar 2005

Hi Guys,

Just want to let you know that there is an MS-DOS virus going about. My mate got a message sent to him on MSN last night saying "check this site out, its funny" with a Website link that in fact opens up an install window (saying open or save). He clicked on cancel however, it still installed on his machine.

I too got a message from one of my contacts with the same thing. However, i was a bit wise and manually turned off my computer before it got a chance to do anything.

I'm advising you to not click on any hyperlinks (Website links to you and I) from your contacts unless you are certain that its from a trusted source.

For those of you that use MSN Messenger you may find that it you do get it, it automatically sends a link to all of your contacts, thus increasing the chance for them to click on such link.

I advise you, to acknowledge this email and pass it on to your friends, as they may be unaware of the situation (especially those who use Messenger).

I hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Chezdez 00:59 07 Mar 2005

yeah, i got the same thing from a trusted source (one of my best mates), the only reason i got it is because he clicked it, and then it sent the link to me

does anyone know if this is gonna cause any problems? or is it just a stupid program that sends itself repeatedly?

Blanc Glacier 01:07 07 Mar 2005

.....also does anyone know how to check to see if you have it on your computer. Obvioulsy i do understand that there are many variants of an MS-DOS virus.

Regards
Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)