MP3 's / iPods etc

haricot 16:23 13 Apr 2008

Hi guys

As some of you know, a techno - phobe I aint!

So my quest on this occasion is based on the fact that my grandson has said " hey grandad why don't you get an iPod "

Now I know that also means it is a sort of MP3 Player and because my need is to play tracks off of off Cd's that I have already loaded onto my computer, I have concluded that for instance when we go on hols and I get a chance to do a bit of sunbathing, instead of changing Cd's all the time I can pre-load on to an Ipod and have an "easier time" in selecting tracks to play etc etc. I particularly like Jazz and Classical music.

So assuming that you'll agree, can anyone advise on the best Ipod or Mp3 player to buy?

As an ex-musician I played an awful lot of gigs over the years that sent me partially deaf. As a result I have to wear hearing aids (digital ones) which is fine but I need to get the best quality sound and volume that I can get from any iPOd/mp3 player.

I will also obviously have to use Headphones ie being on the beach ! and I already have a pair of BeyerDynamic 411's which are not bad but I could probably improve on them as they have seen a bit of service.
All contributions gratefully received.
Cheers

MCE2K5 19:00 13 Apr 2008

Have a read through these,

click here

click here

Might help to make your mind up.

David.

MCE2K5 22:32 13 Apr 2008

Reviews & Prices click here

haricot 09:37 14 Apr 2008

Hi David . Good to hear from you again.

Crikey , this helproom site seems to get busier and busier dos'nt it. But what a saviour. It surely helps those of us out "in the not too clear wots goin'on" brigade".
PC Advisor is a good egg and you guys who respond are superb.
Thanks for the info. I think that I might have to put
my "Science Blinding" glasses on but I'll work my way thru what you've been kind enough to offer. If I get stuck I'll come back.

Thanks again

Ken

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?