MP3 ripping (MSI CDRW or DVD Drive - no ASPI)

disney_cjd 14:45 07 Jul 2003

All

Help pelase. I have anew PC, has twin MSI drives, one CDRW and one DVD, both show up in XP home as ATAPI drives. I was using Audio Catalyst to rip some CD's down to MP3 but with these new drives I cannot seem to do it. All is it allowing me to do is play the music cd and rip in real time, and the MP3 created does not play.

I have tried to install ASPI drivers, but this does not help. Can anyone suggest either a fix ort another MP3 Ripper that works under xp and is free or shareware?

Many thanks
Craig

Lú-tzé 16:44 07 Jul 2003

MP3 Ripper -

Windows Media Player v.9

MusicMatch Jukebox 8

dBpowerAmp music convertor

All of these rip quickly - maybe 30 secs per track depending on the quality selected and the length per track.

disney_cjd 08:14 08 Jul 2003

I have Win MP 9 on the XP system, but I cannot find the MP3 ripping section - all I can find are plug ins taht I need to download and pay for for - 10 bucks I think. Are there any free one or should I use one of these pay ones and if so which one?

Thansk for your response though

Lú-tzé 08:42 08 Jul 2003

disney_cjd - there is a free mp3 ripping plugin for WM9 - it needs the radium codec and a registry tweak.

I have both if you want them - drop me an email via the envelope beside my name. I cannot find where on the net I found them - someone posted a link on these pages some months ago.

I realise that some people are wary of regisry tweaking (especially when told by a stranger). The following is the info to be changed. Copy the below into a text file and then save it as mp3.reg and you can merge it into your registry by doubleclicking on it.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings\MP3Encoding]

"LowRate"=dword:0000dac0

"MediumRate"=dword:0001f400

"MediumHighRate"=dword:0003e800

"HighRate"=dword:0004e200

Lú-tzé 16:50 08 Jul 2003

click here for more info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Best Keyboards for Designers & Artists

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)