MP3 player drivers

nelliehob 09:57 15 Dec 2003

I have an AV+ MP3 player and I recently upgraded my OS to XP. The only problem is that with XP it will not let me download to the MP3 player. I have managed to lose the diver disk that came with the player, does anyone know where I could get one, or any other ideas are welcome.

Big Elf 10:07 15 Dec 2003

What's the make and model of the MP3 player?

nelliehob 10:28 15 Dec 2003

ITs an AV plus - I bought it about a year ago from Ebuyer, who as you have probably guessed can't help.

Big Elf 10:30 15 Dec 2003

Is there any more detail listed on the player? The driver would normally (but not always) be available on the manufacturers site.

Big Elf 10:32 15 Dec 2003

If it's an Archos then click here

nelliehob 10:45 15 Dec 2003

I'm afraid not even the setup booklet that came with it had no manufacturers name or web address!

Big Elf 10:47 15 Dec 2003

Visit the site I included in my post. You may be able to identify it visually (If it's an Archos that is).

nelliehob 10:53 15 Dec 2003

Thanks Big Elf I will give a try.

temp003 10:57 15 Dec 2003

Is it one of these? click here Can't find a driver on the net (but I haven't kept looking).

If it's a USB device, XP should be able to recognise it as a USB mass storage, and you should get in My Computer an extra icon called something like Removable Disk with a drive letter, then you just delete from or copy to the drive letter as usual in Explorer. Can it not work that way?

nelliehob 19:23 24 Dec 2003

HI
I've tried all of the suggestions above and even managed to find the web site of the AVplus (avplus-china.com) in china, which is as much use as a chocolate fireguard! Anyone got a driver disk ofr any other suggestions?

Big Elf 19:36 24 Dec 2003

Without being able to pin down the manufacturer it's a bit difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?