MP3 File Splitter

[DELETED] 10:12 31 Jul 2003

I have several Mp3 recordings that are all one large file.

Are there any good free file splitters out there that can handle 100Mb plus and don’t have a limited number of split points?

I want to split the file into separate tracks.

I have Mp3 Direct Cut but I am finding it tricky, any tips? Does this program degrade sound quality on splitting (if I could work out how to do it)?

Any other programs out there?

These are live recordings of bands that condone concert taping, by the way, not official releases; before you start going on about copyright and piracy.

[DELETED] 10:25 31 Jul 2003

There is a cheap and easy program (free) called apply "The File Splitter" can be received from click here

You can custom each file split to your own size and how many pieces

[DELETED] 20:20 31 Jul 2003

Sussed it myself!

Here it is, for anyone who's interested or searching in future.

Download: Mp3 Direct Cut

Open yer file; then you need to make tiny one frame cuts in-between tracks (including the beginning and end of the whole thing); click: 'Set Begin' then forward the track one frame and click 'set end' then click 'Cut'; an orange line will appear at your cut points(do it for each track, in the gaps between songs); then open the File menu and click 'Split file'. Easy.

Some errors show as it's splitting but the tracks played fine in Winamp. Real Jukebox didn't recognize them, so I converted them to Wav (easier for burning too!)and they then played fine.

I also checked the original split Mp3with Mp3 Trim and no errors were found; Real Jukebox is just touchy.

You can also fiddle with the volume with both the above programs, a godsend for quiet tracks and toning down that screaming fan just next to the person who originally recorded the boot.

[DELETED] 20:23 31 Jul 2003

URLS: click here

click here

thanks to ET -Andy too, your file splitter was useful for other things too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

The best backup software for Mac 2018

iOS 12 : comment créer et modifier des Memoji ?