Moving in word?

  podlod 09:54 30 May 2008

Hi, just a little prob really, when I am in Microsoft Office Word and I have completed a large text, there are times that I wish to move a very small portion of text to another area, say from top to bottom in the doc. Can you please tell me how I can perform this task?

  manrow 09:57 30 May 2008

Highlight the text concerned by running your mouse cursor over it with the left button depressed.

Then hold down Ctrl button and press 'x' key together, which will cut the text from the document. Then place cursor where you really want that text to be and press Ctrl key with 'v' key for paste!

  chub_tor 10:03 30 May 2008

I have just learned something new, thank you - I have been using Cut 'n Paste for years!

  manrow 10:19 30 May 2008


Thanks Beta.

Getting out of the old habit is proving hard!! But very easy to use when I remember!

  podlod 16:38 30 May 2008

Hi, I did exactly what you suggested Beta, but damned if I could drag it? just goes to normal again.

  MAT ALAN 16:42 30 May 2008

click here

this may help...

  podlod 08:23 31 May 2008

Hi, thanks Mat, works a treat!, and thanks for all the other advices given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro review

8 digital brands that designed custom typefaces to save millions

How to speed up a slow Mac

Comment résoudre des problèmes d’impressions ?