Moving house

Kernow999 20:03 06 Jul 2004

Within the next month or so I should be moving house.
Obviously I do not want any problems with my p.c. when I reconnect it.
Does anybody have any precautionary tales to tell or advice to give to make sure things go well, with regards to the computer.
I cant forsee any problems but you never know.

Thanks

Old Shep 20:16 06 Jul 2004

You should not have any problems as I moved house about 3 years ago. With Freeserve (dial up) and if I remember correctly had to inform them of my new phone number. Good luck with your house move,lots of hassle but nice when you get in and settled.

Dorsai 20:22 06 Jul 2004

Don't Know your provider, but i know mine has an option in the acount managemet section to 'change the number i connect from'. I guess a browse on their home-page is in order for you. probably under 'manage my account' or words to that effect.

Kernow999 20:34 06 Jul 2004

I use Metronet as my provider and I know I have to pay to reconnect. Hopefully, I should even stay on the same telephone number. I'm not moving far!
Thanks for your help so far. Keep'em coming.

Cheers

Old Shep 20:41 06 Jul 2004

I am a little bemused now I have thought about it.Kernow is Cornish for Cornwall and 999 means coppers. Are you a Cornish Copper bearing in mind I live in Devon don't try to con me. Ha Ha your not going to be my new neighbour are you.

Kernow999 20:47 06 Jul 2004

I like your thinking. You are half right. I am Cornish but live in Dorset. I do not get paid like a copper. I am a Paramedic! Fear not. I only enter Devon en-route to West Cornwall. The good old A30!!
Cheers Me 'Anzum

Old Shep 20:52 06 Jul 2004

Grockell

Kernow999 20:54 06 Jul 2004

Emmett, please!

SirGalahad2004 23:56 06 Jul 2004

not moved house . but had my number changed . i'm on freeserve (aka wanadoo broadband) didnt even have to get in touch with them . number changed and came straight online

Kernow999 11:46 07 Jul 2004

Thanks all. Lets see how it goes.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?