Mouse changes when something is loading

nickc6424 17:45 22 Apr 2018

Hi,

When anything on my laptop is loading (e.g. clicking one of my favourites in Google Chrome, the webpage loads), my mouse changes from normal, to a fuzzy and strange icon. This icon is also higher than the normal mouse.

Please see the two images below. Note that when the mouse changes icon, the actual part of the screen that i am hovering over is not where the new icon indicates. This is why the icon is above my "Youtube" favourite button, and yet it is highlighted.

click here doesn't seem like a standard Microsoft thing as it looks very unprofessional.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

href

It

nickc6424 17:46 22 Apr 2018

For some reason the image links i posted haven't worked.

Let me try again:

click here

href

nickc6424 17:47 22 Apr 2018

okay so my post above is the first screenshot - this is the second:

click here

wee eddie 18:21 22 Apr 2018

I'm on my phone at the present but it looks like a pixelated version of the 'loading icon

VirtualDreamer 11:08 24 Apr 2018

Open the Control Panel (Win+R and type control panel, then hit Enter) and type in the search box "mouse pointer setting" and hit Enter. Now you have the Mouse Settings panel open. Choose the Pointer tab if it is not the active one. Now, check what kind of scheme is set because it might have been changed by a PUP or malware you may have installed recently. Reset it to "Windows Default" and click Apply. Then, check the Pointer Options tab as well if you need to modify anything.

If you want to make sure that your PC is not infected, you can always install the free version of Malwarebytes and run a full system scan to fix all possible system security issues.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?