mother board problem no power

wesley5378 13:43 22 Nov 2016

my motherboard does not seem to be getting any power only when i connect the black and green together on the 24 pin power socket then the fans start up and usb works inserted a tester when i do this and it reads FF there seems to be no power going to board from 24 pin connector i think ive tried power switch on motherboard tried to jump it but there is nothing no power at all any body help please.thanks

Jollyjohn 15:35 22 Nov 2016

Make and model number of motherboard would help. Is there a separate 4 pin connector?

wesley5378 10:44 23 Nov 2016

thanks for reply its a G43T-AM out of a acer desktop and has a seperate 4 pin connector

Jollyjohn 11:06 23 Nov 2016

Have a look click here and download the manual. Scroll down to page 31 for front panel connections, just to double check you have the correct pins. And I assume you have connected the 4 pin connector?

wesley5378 12:09 23 Nov 2016

thanks yes those are the pins but nothing happens seems no power to them and yes connected 4 pin checked all voltages with meter and ok

Jollyjohn 15:41 23 Nov 2016

Then sadly I think the motherboard has failed. If you have the opportunity you could try the PSU on a different board, to confirm it works and try the motherboard on a different PSU before discarding either item.

wesley5378 22:23 23 Nov 2016

ok thanks for ur help i will try what u say if not then new board i think

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch