Morzilla Thunderbird will not download all folders

Electronic_Eric 19:52 26 Jul 2013
Answered

Hi

I've recently switched my email client from "Windows Live Mail" to "Morzilla Thunderbird". In Thunderbird, i can not download all of my emails and folders. It will only download the "Inbox". The email account is Hotmail. Some might say its because it's a POP3 account but in "Windows Live Mail", i'm able to download all emails and folders which makes me believe that this can be done. The Windows 8 mail app is able to this too.

So my question is how can all of my emails and folders be downloaded in Thunderbird? I'm using version 17 of the email client.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Batch 13:47 03 Aug 2013

Alternaively, the hotmail was (with WLM) being accessed ostensibly using what appear to be POP3 servers, but using IMAP. This is entirely feasible as one cannot rely on the server name to determine the type of service available from a server. e.g. pop.hotmail.com may well support both POP3 and IMAP, likewise imap.hotmail.com may support both as well. One has to explicitly select the service (server) type (e.g. POP3 or IMAP)when setting up the email client, regardless of the server name. In the case of Thunderbird it references a database (based on the domain of the email address) to look up default server names and types and it may well be that overriding these will give the desired result. However, I get the impression that the OP has given up and taken an alternative path.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)