More rom drives than I should have?

twilightflyer 09:30 18 Jan 2010

I have noticed that on 'my computer' I have 5 icons, 1 DVD ram drive plus 4 other removable disk drives namely:- (E) ram drive , (F), (G) ,(H) , (I),
The ram drive has a SATA connection whilst the others are physically none existant on my computer.
How do I remove these icons? I have tried right clicking but to no avail. Any help please?

Technotiger 09:31 18 Jan 2010

I expect that you have a Card Reader, the slots on the card reader are given drive letters just like any other drive.

rawprawn 09:33 18 Jan 2010

One could be a printer, but look in System Tools> Computer management > Disk Management and see what is showing there.

rawprawn 09:35 18 Jan 2010

Morning Technotiger, my card reader only shows in Computer if there is something in it to read.

Technotiger 09:37 18 Jan 2010

This is my own My Computer window, F:, G:, H:, and I: are the slots in my built-in Card Reader ...

click here

rawprawn 09:44 18 Jan 2010

OK, mine only shows Active drives, which is why I suggested a printer. I left it switched on and suddenly found I had an extra drive -:))

Technotiger 09:53 18 Jan 2010

You're welcome ... when I do things like that, I just put it down to 'the age thing' ... LoL

twilightflyer 09:54 18 Jan 2010

Technotiger,and others many thanks for your replies, yes I have a card reader and to prove it to myself disconnected the card reader and Bingo all the icons vanished, now how stupid do I look? (please don't answer that) anyway thanks again chaps.

Technotiger 09:58 18 Jan 2010

Hi, when my printer is switched on, the card reader in that shows as Removable Disk P:

Technotiger 09:59 18 Jan 2010

Hmm, my Chrystal Ball is playing-up again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?