Monitoring CPU temperature

[DELETED] 08:18 09 Aug 2003

Anyone know how to easily monitor CPU temperature from my XP desktop without going into the BIOS?

[DELETED] 08:28 09 Aug 2003

some mobo makes have there own utilities. gigabyte have a prog called easytune4 which is a safe overclocking prog and also reads system temps.

if ya read other threads on the site with the same subject, there are links to free utils for what ya after.

[DELETED] 08:32 09 Aug 2003

You can download a free monitor from:

click here

Forum Editor 08:33 09 Aug 2003

hundreds of temperature monitoring utilities available, but be warned - software monitors are notoriously unreliable, and you may be given misleading information about your CPU temperature.

The only reliable way to watch the CPU temperature is to fit a probe that is in physical contact with the chip, but to be honest, unless you are into overclocking this should never be necessary - provided you have normal cooling methods employed (fans/thermal paste).

If you want to go ahead with a software monitor anyway,
click here and click on the 'Monitors' button.

[DELETED] 11:23 09 Aug 2003

I wanted a temperature gauge in my task bar and i got one from click here. I think you get a 30 day trial period but i found it to be the most reliable and accurate for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple