Monitor signal disappears and computer reboots

Snakee 11:29 13 Oct 2018

So the thing is when I launch some demanding games after ~15 minutes my monitor says that signal disappeared, the computer stops working properly and I have to reboot it. After Ive done so I can play the whole day without any problems at all. If Im not playing any games this is not happening at all. Also, I have tried on different monitors the same thing happens. Please help. PC Spec: Intel Core i3-3220 3.30 GHz Radeon RX 560

MJS WARLORD 12:04 13 Oct 2018

this might not be the answer but try anyway.

type memory diagnosis into search box and let it run to check for faulty ram. increase the size of your virtual memory.

choose a game and set screen res and all effects as low as possible even if it looks rubbish just to see if what you reporting still happens.

are your cards drivers up to date

Snakee 12:10 14 Oct 2018

The memory diagnosis hasn't shown any problems. Also, I have added 8 GB RAM now I have 12 GB RAM. And I've updated the GPU driver. Although the problem is still present.

wee eddie 12:57 14 Oct 2018

It's possibly a problem with the graphics card, although I cannot think what.

Maybe worth reseating it and, while it's out, using a Hair Drier to blow out any dust from the inside of the heat exchanger.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs