Monitor seems to have a Problem

daveac41 22:42 07 Feb 2018
Answered

Can someone help please?

I have an Acer C700 tablet which I connect to a larger monitor for ease of vision. This is part of an older Desktop PC running Windows 7, which I use as a backup. The Acer is connected to the monitor via a HDMI/USB lead. For the last three months, the monitor does not read the Acer signal. I have tried changing the lead but it makes no difference. Could this be a Windows 10 fault?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:17 07 Feb 2018

Does the tablet screen still show?

DO you have to use control panel or keyboard to switch to external monitor?

daveac41 10:17 08 Feb 2018
Answer

Hi Fruit Bat, The tablet screen is unaffected.The monitor, connected by a lead, has a touch-screen control to switch from one computer’s display to the other. So at the moment, it’s PC display or nothing!

Many Thanks

daveac41

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:27 08 Feb 2018

check the display settings in windows 10 on the tablet, wondering if it shows as second display or is just mirroring the tablet screen. Check things like refresh rate if incorrect would result in no picture.

Also check in device manager for any exclamation marks against display drivers.

daveac41 16:01 08 Feb 2018

I followed your instructions as best as I could. Refresh rate is stated as 60 Hertz, and was unalterable so I couldn't do anything about that, so not much joy so far. Drivers all appeared to be up to date. Under "Display" in Settings, there is a Multiple Display icon with a Detect button under it. I also tried that, but with no success.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus