Monitor problem or something more serious

Exit 23 18:53 13 Feb 2019

I bought a new pc but when I plugged it in and turned it on the monitor stayed black. My old pc works fine off all the same cables and monitor so I thought my new pc faulty and sent it back for another, when this new pc came, same problem. Got a refund bought a different pc; same problem so I figure the problem is on my end.

Checking the monitor menu, I find that it isn’t picking up any signal after scanning for one. I try a different monitor; same problem. I have a lot of monitor cables, tried them all but no change.

Do I simply need a “newer” monitor? If so, why does it work on my old pc but not newer ones - the monitors are quite old. Or could it be something else entirely?

I am stumped and would be very greatful of any insights or suggestions to get my nice new pc running.

wee eddie 20:02 13 Feb 2019

First thing, talk to the people that you bought it from. If there is something wrong with it, they are responsible for sorting it out. Not the manufacturer, unless they are one and the same

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:07 14 Feb 2019

are you conning to a graphics card or onboard graphics?

MJS WARLORD 18:58 14 Feb 2019

fruit bat could be on the right track does the pc graphics card have dvi and hdmi sockets , if yes are you mistakenly plugging into an onboard graphics card slot.

note onboard card socket is usually next to all usb sockets , sockets for an added card that can be upgraded are usually in a parallel row.

click here at picture 5 row 2

look

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

MacBook Pro 2019 release date, 16in MacBook Pro news and rumours

Xiaomi Mi 9 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs