Monitor problem- Dull and Blurry

Legolas 18:53 14 Apr 2003

I have just received a second hand monitor I bought on ebay and I am rather disappointed with the display. I purchased a monitor from ebay before and the display was excellent, so I was expecting something similar also this monitor is the same make as the last one. The monitor I am on about is a Gateway EV700 17" the problem is that the picture is quite dark even although the brightness and contrast are up full, also the picture is a bit blurry unlike the other gateway monitor I have which is crystal clear. Is there anyway I can improve the display. I have downloaded the latest drivers and I have tried it on two different systems in case it was a problem with the graphics card but I get the same result.

wee eddie 19:14 14 Apr 2003

Here's a link to Gateway's Support page. At 28 dot pitch, things will not be that crisp but it's adequate as a word processor or non critical DTP work.

click here

Legolas 19:28 14 Apr 2003

Thanks wee eddie I will try that and see if it helps.

BlueMeanie 21:21 14 Apr 2003

Sorry, but you may have been sold a lemon.

A blurry / out of focus screen suggests that the tube "has gone soft", and is showing signs of old age / high useage.

However a TV technician MAY be able to tweak some of the monitors internal controls to brighten it and improve the focus - DON'T try this yourself.

Best of Luck

Big Elf 21:23 14 Apr 2003

adding to my postings.

Legolas 21:26 14 Apr 2003

I noticed the monitor stand is also cracked I wonder if it has been dropped in transit as there is no crack in the picture shown on ebay.

Legolas 21:54 14 Apr 2003

I have been offered another momitor as a replacement, it looks like it has been damaged in transit.

Legolas 21:54 14 Apr 2003

I have been offered another monitor as a replacement, it looks like it has been damaged in transit.

bloo meeny 22:59 14 Apr 2003

BlueMeanie
So THAT'S who "pinched" my nickname :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?