Monitor not working properly

Arhibald 13:22 19 Jun 2018

Hi,

I bought new PC and new monitor but every time I try to connect monitor to PC screen is black. PC is without OS. When I connect through HDMI cable in left upper corner is showing HDMI/Analog. When I connect through VGA cable there is "Analog" message and when I try to push "Menu" button on monitor it shows "good test" message. Monitor is Samsung S24D330HSX. I connected it to laptop through HDMI cable and it works. Do you know what I can do to make this monitor work with my new PC?

It was built by me, specs are: Motherboard ASROCK Z370M PRO4 LGA1151 Power Supply Corsair CX450M 450Watt MODULAR 80+ ATX Processor PROCESOR INTEL CORE I5-8400 2.80GHz 9MB HYPERX DDR4 Fury Black 8GB/2133 (2*4GB) CL14 Disk SSD 2,5'' ADATA Premier Pro SP600 128GB SATA Asus GTX1060 6GB GDDR5 192BIT STRIX

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:05 19 Jun 2018

PC is without OS so you have no drivers to run the monitor.

Boot from a Windows or linux USB then it will be OK.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)