Monitor input on Graphics card is different

  Lazzer 23:23 19 Sep 2005

hi i have bought a matrox millenium pci gfx card and when i looked at the monitor input on it, i noticed that it is different from the standard one, i have seen this before on cards with the other input too, is there some sort of converter for it, and can anyone actually tell me what it is for? a breif description of it is, its about an inch long and grey in colour with loads of square holes, any help is appreciated thanks :D

  GaT7 23:31 19 Sep 2005

If it's a DVI connector, then a DVI to VGA connector may do click here. G

  Lazzer 23:37 19 Sep 2005
  Lazzer 23:38 19 Sep 2005

the above is a pic of the card and the fitting, i looked at the link crossbow and im not sure what the male and female connectors are, if ud have a look for me id appreciate it, thanks

  GaT7 23:42 19 Sep 2005

Then this may do click here. G

  GaT7 23:45 19 Sep 2005

Count the holes. If it's 60, then it's most probably the one in my 2nd link. But that's so expensive, isn't it?! G

  Lazzer 00:06 20 Sep 2005

thats a joke hahaha 30 pound inc vat for the lead ive been on ebay and spent a fiver on a matrox pci card with a vga slot thatll do the trick, thanks for your help :D at least i know what the other input is for now :D

  DieSse 01:23 20 Sep 2005

First - monitor connections are outputs, not inputs.

Second, the connector is a Matrox "special" to feed two monitors from a single socket. (hence the form of the adapter cable)

Just don't ask why they did it this way - cos' I haven't a clue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?