monitor display problems, help me please

4myeyesonly 00:01 11 Dec 2003

I have recently had windows me installed onto my pc. since ive had my pc back everything on my screen is much bigger than it was before, all icons,words,windows and everything. pictures are disatorted and spotty too. i have tried reinstalling my monitor and graphics card it hasnt helped. in settings i cant move the cursor to change pixels and its only showing 16 colours. does anybody out there know how i can sort this out please. my monitor is lg studioworks 57i which isnt shoing up on the list of monitors and the graphics card is showing as standard pci graphics vga?

pc moron 00:08 11 Dec 2003

Right click on the Desktop and select "Properties" > "Settings".

If you can't adjust anything here, then you need a display driver.

The display driver you need will depend on which graphics card you have.

Djohn 00:11 11 Dec 2003

It does sound very much like a driver problem. Have you tried from settings. Click on adaptor tab, then properties and update the driver from there. Choose the option, "have driver" insert your disk and click on next.

Do the same for your monitor from the monitor tab. Reboot your PC and the drivers should now be installed and allow you to alter the refresh rate/resolution and colour setting.

soy 00:12 11 Dec 2003

You need to install a driver for your Graphics card. Once you find out the make of it, you can go to the chip makers website and download the relevant driver.

4myeyesonly 00:21 11 Dec 2003

im afraid i don't know which graphics card i have and my brother installed ME so i dont have any discs. any ideas.......?

pc moron 00:29 11 Dec 2003

If you can't adjust your display settings then you will need a graphics driver- exactly which one will depend on the graphics card you have.

Djohn 00:56 11 Dec 2003

click here and download the middle one "System information tool" this will tell you everything that is on your PC.

You can then go to the home page of your graphic card and download the correct driver. If your not sure how to do this, just post back to this thread with the make/model of card and someone will find the site for you. j.

hugh-265156 01:18 11 Dec 2003

as Djohn above says,use aida32

install it and click "computer" in the left pane and then "summary" in the right pane.

look here for "display/video adapter" in the righ pane.there will be a blue highlighted link for a driver update that will take you to the manufcturers web page for download.

install it then adjust your settings in control panel/display.

Djohn 00:13 14 Dec 2003

I have just received an email from "4myeyesonly" saying the card is a [pci agp videoSiS 300] I think the driver I've found is the correct one. Will someone please be kind enough to double check that it is. j.

click here and look at the third one down. I think this is the correct driver for your ME system.

Click on the UK icon and a window will appear asking if you want to open or save. Choose save and save it to somewhere you can find it, if not sure where to save to, then choose "Desktop".

Please wait for someone to confirm though before downloading. After downloading, please post back for help in installing to your card. j.

hugh-265156 01:38 14 Dec 2003

4myeyesonly, click here and select "sis300" from the product name box and click go

on the next screen that appears ie/categories,select "graphics" and click go again.

next choose the one that matches your operating system xp/2000/98/nt/95 etc

Djohn 01:47 14 Dec 2003

huggyg71 Thank you for providing the link again. That's really strange as I tested it a couple of times earlier and it worked fine, taking one through to the driver page.

Once there it's the third one down, [I think] sis 300 for ME system. Not sure why the link has stopped working. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?