gmpy1 22:16 25 Feb 2010

we had a big storm the other evening,now my radio modem is not I pluged in a cable and it works OK,is the radio bit dead or as a friend surgested it needs a reset? dont know what that means??
The modem was suplied by telefonica in the canaires(were I live )it is a:

DieSse 22:40 25 Feb 2010

"a friend surgested it needs a reset? dont know what that means?"

It's possible it just needs a rest. Unplug the power supply cable - wait for 1 minute then plug it in again. It will take some time to reboot - a minute or two.

There will also be a reset button at the rear - possible inside a small hole. Pressing that reset button may change settings inside it (and be very careful what you poke in the hole - a toothpick may be OK).

Of course if the wi-fi isn't working, it may be at your computer end or the modem/router end. If your computer is a laptop, be sure you haven't accidentally switched it in the laptop - many of them have an easily pressed switch.

Technotiger 22:44 25 Feb 2010

It is not a Modem, it is a Router! Most routers have a re-set button to reset automatically, simply by pressing it momentarily. Or, if there is no reset button, disconnect Power from the Router, wait at least ten seconds and then re-connect the Power to the Router, this is just another way of re-setting it.

Technotiger 22:44 25 Feb 2010

Hmm - I still gotta learn to type faster :-))

gmpy1 09:56 26 Feb 2010

Hi Guys many thanks for your replies,what would I do without you and this site ? Well I found the little hole poked it with a toothpick I have four lights on..power,lan1,wilan,adsl...but my laptop still can not find the signal(sitting by the routers side)router!! see I am learning.
So what next?? i do find two other routers which I think belong to my neighbours,s both locked..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?