Mobo/sound card dilemma

Kate B 11:31 14 Jan 2003
  Kate B 11:31 14 Jan 2003

I'm ordering a shiny new PC from a local vendor who build great PCs. He's suggesting that with the Gigabyte GA-7VA mobo, which has integrated six-channel sound, it will handle sound perfectly happily without adding a separate sound card.

I trust his advice as everyone he's built PCs for has been really happy with them, and everything else he's suggesting makes sense. What do you guys think? Trust the onboard sound, or go for a separate sound card?

Just for info, the rest of the spec is Midi tower 300W case, AMD XP2400+ CPU, 512Mb RAM, 1.44Mb Floppy Drive, 120Gb ATA133 Hard Drive (8Mb Cache), 128Mb GeForce4 Ti Graphics Card, 40x12x40 CD-R-W, DVD ROM drive, 56Kbps PCI Modem, ADSL PCI card, NIC card, PCTV card, Windows XP Professional Edition.

powerless 11:38 14 Jan 2003

Your spec is what i have minus the, Gigabyte GA-7VA mobo, ADSL PCI card, NIC card, PCTV card, Windows XP Professional Edition.

If sound is important to you then go for a dedicated sound card. I have click here and for speakers click here both work like magic together. I like my sound to be good and perfectly reproduced thats why i have them.

But if sound isnt important to you then go for onboard...Also save you a few too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?