Mobile WiFi data used up without my consent

RufusChucklebutty 18:19 16 Jun 2019

I have a 50 GB EE mobile internet contract and every month i either have some data left over or i use it all in the last couple of days , this month the whole lot was used mid month after something ate up all my data, I don't know what it was, is there any way I can prevent my data being used up without my knowledge ?

wee eddie 18:41 16 Jun 2019

OS Updates can frequently use a lot of data

AroundAgain 20:50 16 Jun 2019

You could ask EE to put a block on going over your allowance They've done this for a friend of mine

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:01 17 Jun 2019

Has your PC just upated to the latest 1903 update? that would take up a lot of data.

RufusChucklebutty 14:56 17 Jun 2019

I'm using an android tablet .

I did have some updates just before the data ran out.

Can i block updates ?

john bunyan 15:19 17 Jun 2019

Are we talking about mobile data via a phone or tablet , or broadband data via ISP and router. Surely if we talk about Windows 10 1903 update, that only applies to a PC, not a mobile tablet? I use IOS on a phone and only have 4 gig mobile data- I never use that amount as data via wi fi is not counted and I ensure I am on wi fi for Major updates such as 12.3. My ISP home downloads are unlimited

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 17 Jun 2019

50G a month, wow that's some downloading for a phone.

I used to have a 2G EE contract for my PC and not use it all.

RufusChucklebutty 16:41 17 Jun 2019

Android 5.0.1

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)