Mobile internet

Madrat 23:58 16 Mar 2007

HI

I am thinking of getting a laptop and want to get internet away from home, now let me explain when I say away from home I mean in the caravan in a field or caravan site or on a beach or village hall car park, No I'm not a piky I belong to a caravan club and do a lot of weekend rallys. I have looked on the vodafone websit but am still a bit confused regarding ther 3G/Wlan price plans and ther covarage. can anyone throw a bit of light on the subject please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 01:01 17 Mar 2007

I have a Vodaphon 3G card, reception is patchy I often struggle to get a decent connection. and the calls are expensive.

Madrat 18:32 17 Mar 2007

Fruit bat acording to there site You can buy a card for £200 and then pay for 30,60 or 90 mins is this correct? also acording to ther covarage map if I cant get 3G I can use Vodafone Wlan, is this the really slow one?

Madrat 23:09 24 Mar 2007

I have just had a new mobile phone and I can use it as a modem :) I have tryed it on PC and Even though I'm not in a 3G area and it has to use "fall back" conection I am getting speeds of 230.4kbps. I just wish I could get a straight aswere from Vodaphone as to how much it will cost to use. If anyone can help with this I would apresiate it, I'm on Pay as you talk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?