Mobile Broadband internet Dongles

gazmix 18:40 02 Aug 2011

Hi

I need to go down the road of Mobile Internet dongles & am wondering if they can be used on desktop pc's.. I don't have a laptop. Which are the best providers/, i hear '3' are the best & are they easy to set up?

Thanks

gazmix 19:11 02 Aug 2011

Thanks

I will have to use my Desktop now, but am looking at small laptops, i don't know what they're called!

This is the 1 i'm after :-

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3-%28three%29-zte-mf112-mobile-broadband-pay-as-you-go-plus3-broadband-usb-dongle-3gb-data-inc?utmsource=google+shopping&utmmedium=google+shopping

I currently have BB via Orange & am thinking its a pain to change addresses!! I will ask my new landlord!!

mgmcc 20:08 02 Aug 2011

gigagiggles,

"Unless there is a WiFi hotspot near your PC, then you will need an InternetServiceProvider plan"

Aren't you confusing a "USB Wireless Network Adapter" with a "USB Mobile Broadband dongle", which provides internet access via the mobile phone networks?

woodchip 22:12 02 Aug 2011

Web n Walk by T-Mobile is one of the best, as it now joined up with Orange so that you have a better chance of a signal. I say the above as my Daughter as one. and I have used it. not complete coverage but works most of the time

Aitchbee 10:09 04 Aug 2011

I have a virgin usb alcatel usb modem 1gb/month. I use Onspeed which costs 25 pounds a year. I get a significant speed increase and an equivalent 3gb/month allowance. (compression of data). I use it on a dial-up connection also.Well worth it I reckon.

Aitchbee 10:18 04 Aug 2011

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?