Missing Registration Number

jack 09:25 25 Sep 2004

Now this I may be taken as a follow on to € Stowe’s ‘Every one please read this #2’
‘Go’ with which I agree with everything mentioned.

This time it is registration numbers that are mailed to purchasers of software
To ‘unlock’ the trial version they have purchased on line.

I am sure many of you have done some of that, if like me it has worked every time so far.
But there is always a first time for something to go awry and now it has happened to me.
Inksaver has appeared on a PCA cover disk in the past and I have used it and purchased an earlier version.
I had a change of printer, which the earlier one did not cover.
Version 2 does, so I go on line to get V2.
Trial works fine
Purchase on line, the money goes out. I get on with all the other things in life and realize one day that the trial version has run out and I need to enter the reg. number to unlock the system.
No sign of the authorizing e-mail
Did I get it and inadvertently delete it with other junk?
Here the fun begins because all that is needed here is a simple e-mail to somebody with my detail to check and reissue the number
But no E-mail address is given, only web based support lines or sales line that need the numbers I don’t have.
Now what do I do
A Google turns up only the afore mentioned web pages no company detail and E- address- a snail mail address in Vancouver is as near as I can get.
J

Philwane 09:34 25 Sep 2004

Have just looked on their site and there is a general enquiries E Mail address its [email protected]
if thats any help

jack 10:41 25 Sep 2004

Thank you for that link phil
I missed it on th website
E-mail sent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?