Missing pictures

Jigsawqueen 14:37 06 Oct 2003

When I receive e.mails from catalogue companies, there should be pictures of the items for sale.
However more often than not all I get is a white box that has a small box in the top left corner, with a red cross in it. I used to get the pictures at one time but very rarely now. Can anyone help please.

rawprawn 14:49 06 Oct 2003

I had the same problem, I know that I changed something using a program such as Tweal UI so that it wouldn't load pictures & therefore supposedly loaded web pages faster. When I came to change back I couldn't remember how I had done it and it wasn't until I crashed my computer & had to reload windows that I got it back to normal. I asked the same question in this forum but did not get the answer, I wish you luck.

Stuartli 14:52 06 Oct 2003

At the top of any Internet Explorer page click Tools>InternetOptions>Advanced and scroll down to Multiamedia.

Enable Show Pictures, plus anything else you may require. Certain changes require a reboot.

rawprawn 15:31 06 Oct 2003

Thanks for that Stuarti, it has been bugging me for about 2 years

Taff36 15:45 06 Oct 2003

Don`t ask me why this appears to work. Have you tried viewing the e-mail whilst connected to the internet? Do they seem to miraculously appear?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?