Missing graphics card in HP notebook PC

Linda Bergeson 03:53 12 Mar 2018

My notebook PC came with NVDIA graphics and AMD Radeon but when trying to update drivers or down load some things I get a message that no graphics card can be found. What happened? When checking in Device Manager there is a yellow triangle caution icon at the AMD option but I can't determine the problem.

Govan1x 09:43 12 Mar 2018

Have a look here and see if you can get the Download for your notebook.Your notebook probably comes with on board graphics.

Click here

Govan1x 09:45 12 Mar 2018

Or just try updating the driver in device manager.

Linda Bergeson 05:41 13 Mar 2018

Tried to download driver from AMD for my HP Notebook PC but got the reply "We are unable to find driver for your legacy graphic card". It's as if the graphic card is no longer working. Is that a possibility?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:38 13 Mar 2018

What is the exact make and model of your laptop.

alanrwood 12:05 14 Mar 2018

Normally if two graphics systems are built in to a laptop then one is for normal use and one is lower resolution or it is built in to the CPU. This may be used on battery power only. If everything is working fine I would just forget about it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?