missing file?

swapper 20:55 01 Nov 2003

WindowsXP home edition.

I have started getting a message ""cannot find swflash.ocx" when I do a search for this file I can see that it is in c:windows\servicepackfiles\i386.
any ideas please.
I have also noticed that while online, on some sites, instead of getting a picture I am now getting a blank box with a small icon top left hand corner. is this related to the .ocx?
TIA

powerless 21:36 01 Nov 2003
  swapper 21:48 01 Nov 2003

Thanks obbit, I have had a look at this site, and yes, there are a few others that have had my small problem.
The site looks o.k. but it seems to me that although you can ask a question there, unlike this excellent forum, you cannot read any of the answers given, but have to wait for a personal email response?
I'll use that site as a second option, thanks again, but with a bit of luck I will get an answer (as usual) here.
Please don't think I am ungrateful for your response, far from it :-))

swapper 23:01 01 Nov 2003

obbit - Thanks, I went to that site, saw the file I wanted but when I tried to get it I got a message saying "Leech error, contact the web master etc" ??

Powerless, I have been to the Macromedia site, (uninstalled what I hope was the existing player on my PC to make a fresh install), but I just cannot download from this site, although I got have just got shockwave via that site. it's time for a large whiskey I think ? :-))

swapper 13:05 02 Nov 2003

Thanks Wak, but now I have uninstalled mac.flash
thinking I could reinstall from the the complete programme, but I am getting a page errof from the downloading page of Macromedia?
So at the moment I have nothing on my PC concerning flash?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)