migrating service

  apollogeemark 20:43 03 Feb 2004


Ive been told that if I want to migrate from one service to another i need something called a CBUK reference or something like that.

Anyone know how i get this, if its is really needed, or where i can find it etc.


  Djohn 21:14 03 Feb 2004

apollogeemark. From the help page of my ISP [Zen]. The same procedure will work for any ISP that takes part in the migration scheme. The changeover will take place at the BT exchange and you should be off-line for approx. 10-15 minutes. j.

The migration works as follows:

To allow us to initiate migration, you should contact your existing ISP and ask them to provide you with your ADSL CBUK number. Please make them aware that you are migrating to Zen Internet and do not want your ADSL service ceased (cancelled) until the migration has been completed.

The CBUK number is a reference which BT assign to every ADSL account, and one will have been provided to your ISP when your service was first activated.

Place an order online at click here. com/ where you will be asked for the CBUK number and ISP Name.

Once your order has been accepted and payment has been processed, we will send a migration request to BT. They will then send an e-mail to your existing ISP requesting migration to Zen Internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?