Microstar MD2852 Adding more memory

[DELETED] 18:44 01 Sep 2003

Does anyone have instructions on how to dismantle this notebook to allow me to install extra memory. I have taken out the obvious screws, and found that the top should slide,due to the plastic hooks on the top, however, I can't move the top, as it appears something else is holding it.

xania 11:08 02 Sep 2003

Don't know, but experience has shown that sometimes there are plastic lugs holding that cover in place and you need to CAREFULLY insert a small blade under the cover and lift it over the lugs.

[DELETED] 18:37 02 Sep 2003

thanks xania tried it. Someone, somewhere must have access to a service manual or know where to get access to, or get one ?

[DELETED] 20:14 21 Sep 2003

Unfortunately this has not been resolved, however, I will close it as such, there seems little point in carrying it on.

[DELETED] 18:22 16 Feb 2004

Did you ever get any further with this? I am having similar problems with a microstar / medion notebook.

[DELETED] 16:01 09 Aug 2004

I've got it sorted now thanks. After much searching I found instruction on the internet for another badged notebook which was actually the same as my Medion / Microstar model click here Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?