microsoft.net

Rogerfredo 17:03 30 Oct 2004

I recently purchased Drive Image v7, which requires the installation of the microsoft.net.
This did not load from the Drive Image CD, as I believe it should, so I downloaded it from the web. However, it would not load, giving an error message.
I then loaded my XP Home CD, and found "Microsoft.net v1" could be loaded from it.
However, although the main application loaded, the SP1 application failed, again with an error message.
Drive Image appears to load and work, but I am puzzled why the latest version of the Microsoft.net application is not installed correctly.
The error message is as follws:
Error creating process D:\DOCUME ~1\R ~1.OSB\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\ApplyPatch.exe NDP10SP317396.MSP>
Reason: INDOWS\system32\advpacl.dll
-The "INDOWS" is as shown
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

CurlyWhirly 19:15 30 Oct 2004

You need to download the Microsoft .NET Framework form the Microsoft update website.
If I was you I would also download the 50 mb Drive Image 7 update patch from click here which according to the website "provides resolutions to numerous problems with previous releases of Drive Image 7.0"

It is rather a large patch so IF you are on dial-up it could take hours!

CurlyWhirly 19:16 30 Oct 2004

You need to download the Microsoft .NET Framework from the Microsoft update website.
If I was you I would also download the 50 mb Drive Image 7 update patch from click here which according to the website "provides resolutions to numerous problems with previous releases of Drive Image 7.0"

It is rather a large patch so IF you are on dial-up it could take hours!

CurlyWhirly 19:16 30 Oct 2004

p.s. Sorry for the double post

CurlyWhirly 19:17 30 Oct 2004

p.p.s The latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework is v1.1

Rogerfredo 08:55 31 Oct 2004

CurlyWhirly,
thanks for the reply, but I did download from the update site, and this version would not load (similar error to that shown in my post).
I also have downloaded and run the latest drive image update, although I could not load this until the CD drive image program had successfully installed, which only happened when .net v1.0 had loaded via my XPhome cd.
I seem to have something wrong with my set up, as the .net utilities also do not run.

CurlyWhirly 09:38 31 Oct 2004

On a final note, have you done the following which was sent to me from Symantec Online Technincal Support:

"If you do update the .NET Framework, please remember to uninstall Drive Image first and then reinstall Drive Image 7 afterwards.
If you don't update in this order you may have problems reinstalling your backup"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts