Microsoft Word... Please help!

daniellabell 14:23 27 Dec 2008

Hi, i'm not sure if anyone can help me but i will ask anyway!!
I used to own a Microsoft Word disc that i used to install word etc on my old laptop, my friend borrowed it and unfortunately, and much to my disappointment, has lost it.
I've recently bought a new laptop and as i go to university am constantly using these office packages so can't yet start doing my work until i get word, powerpoint etc on here!

Could anyone advise me a soultion or does anyone have a way of installing it, i'd be willing to pay!!!

Thankyou for taking the time to read this!

MAT ALAN 14:28 27 Dec 2008

click here

Free alternative...good luck...

sidecar sid 14:36 27 Dec 2008

As you are a student you may qualify for this.
click here

Pineman100 15:32 27 Dec 2008

Mat Alan's recommendation is well worth going for. Open Office is completely free, and contains modules very similar to Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access, plus a drawing module.

All of the modules will open the equivalent Microsoft Office files, and you can save any file that you create in an Office-compatible format. So exchanging files with Microsoft Office is straightforward.

daniellabell 15:47 27 Dec 2008

Thankyou very much for that, yes that does sound a really good option and thanks pineman100 for clearing up about exchanging files as that was something i was a bit put off it because of!

carver 15:49 27 Dec 2008

Or try this and it's for up to 3 PC's

click here

But do try MAT ALAN suggestion, once you start using it it's quite good and best part as they say it's free.

carver 15:52 27 Dec 2008

One other thing daniellabell if it's a new laptop with VISTA installed and thats an old copy of Microsoft Word it might not install any way.

Vista doesn't like old copy's of word

daniellabell 17:23 27 Dec 2008

Thankyou all for your help!
Thanks also to sidecar sid for showing me that option, i've just received an email to say i do qualify and thats incredibly cheap compared to what i would have to pay otherwise!
So many options.....!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?