microsoft word cannot close so i cannot open new

alexander-210570 20:09 09 Feb 2004

i am running windows 98 se with office 2000 whe i open a word sheet an error mark comes up with the message (YOU CANNOT CLOSE MICROSOFT WORD BECAUSE A DIALOG IS ACTIVE,SWITCH TO MICROSOFT WORD FIRST AND CLOSE THE DIALOG)
this happens all the time how do i get to find where the dialog is running i`ve tried ignoring user settings which you told me but cannot find WINWORD EXE where should it be i am getting desperate i uninstalled office 2000 but still it happens
thanks
estoy

VoG II 20:13 09 Feb 2004

Duplicate post click here

VoG II 21:54 30 Mar 2004

via e-mail

Hi VOG sorry about the time scale but i work a lot anyway I copied the info about norton and tried it on both of them messages and this is what comes up on screen------ CANNOT FIND THE FILE regvr 32/u'c\program (or one of its components) make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required library are available I removed publisher and norton then put them back in fresh but to no avail estoy

--------------------------------------

Well first you should please reply to your thread (just add at the bottom of this window). The yellow envelope is for private correspondence between forum members.

Secondly, what you should be entering is

Depending on how Norton AntiVirus 2000 is installed, type one of the following commands:

If the Norton AntiVirus program is installed as a stand-alone product, type the following command, and then press ENTER

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"

where c is the drive where Norton AntiVirus is installed.

If the command is successful, you receive the following message:

DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\OfficeAV.dll succeeded.

If the Norton AntiVirus program is installed as part of SystemWorks, type the following command, and then press ENTER

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"

where C is the drive where SystemWorks is installed.

If the command is successful, you receive the following message:

DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program Files\Norton Systemworks\Norton AntiVirus\OfficeAV.dll succeeded.

Best to highlight the command here, CTRL+C to copy, go to the Run box and CTRL+V to pasre, then click enter.

-----------------------

You work a lot!

alexander-210570 22:21 30 Mar 2004

from estoy
thanks vog but i tried that with both as did not know if it was a stand alone and all that comes up is cannot find the file regsvr etc
estoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?