Microsoft Wireless keyboard & mouse NANO "dongle"

bluetwo 10:26 15 Sep 2018

I have a neat Microsoft White Wireless Keyboard & Mouse.Unfortunately I have mislaid (lost) the dongle and would like to get a new one. The keyboard is 2.402MHz & the Mouse 2.4MHz. I have tred a similar size dongle (2.4MHz) and that doesn't work. Can someone advise where I can obtain a compatible dongle. The keyboard was not expensive - bu I hate waste. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:18 15 Sep 2018

the dongles and keyboards are "matched" so don't think you can buy separate.

Govan1x 12:35 15 Sep 2018

Logitech sent me a replacement dongle when i had the same problem. So i suppose Microsoft can do the same.

bluetwo 14:01 15 Sep 2018

Fruitbat/\O/\ & Govan1X, Thank you for your comments. I tried the Microsoft store but it has everything mut a single dongle. There must be a way to contact them part from the store. I'll just have to keep on looking. I find it hard to believe that all the thousands/millions? of keyboards are all individually matched. Thanks again.

alanrwood 16:31 15 Sep 2018

I'm afraid they are matched in manufacture.

alanrwood 16:33 15 Sep 2018

Otherwise it would not be possible to have more than one device operating at the same time. They are individually coded to only communicate with each other.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe unveils dream prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser la fonction SI sur Excel ?